Wednesday 23 July 2014

Sunkissed Tanning Mousse

During the summer I like to cheat my "summer glow" by using self tanners. Over the past few years I've brought a fair few, all from different brands. Recently I've been using the Instant Tanning Mouse by Sunkissed.

Sunkissed instant self tanning mousse in "medium bronze"

I brought it at Primark for the price of £3.50 but I believe it can vary depending on where you buy it from. This is a huge bargain for a self tan considering the other brands I've used have started from the price of about £8.99.

Using this product is fairly self-explanitory. To prepare, it is advised on the packaging, that you exfoliate first. Next, shake the bottle well before use. Then pump the mousse out and start applying. I use a tanning glove as I find it easier to apply evenly. It also stops the palms of your hands being stained. Don't worry if you do not have a glove at hand (see what I did there) as the mousse is designed to avoid streaks anyway.

The tan came in a 200ml bottle. This is better than other brands I've used as it is much bigger so, obviously, lasts longer.

As this is an instant tan you see results straight away, which is useful because you can see where you've already applied it. What makes this product particularly good though is that it gradually forms a lasting tan too. Underneath the instant tan a stain forms, lasting for several days, even when the first layer has been washed off. This is great for when you don't have the patience to reapply your tan every evening.


One pump of the mousse
Look how much I could cover in one go!

All fake tans also have a smell which is usually nice. The Sunkissed one smells almost tropical and of coconuts. At first this smells great. My only critisism is that it does not last awfully long. I found that is faded and left a rather unpleasent smell after a few hours.

Nevertheless this is honestly a pretty impressive product for a very affordable price. It is much better than other brands I've tried that were twice the price! I would rate it a 9/10 and recommend it to a friend. 

I hope this was useful and I will answer any questions in the comments. Thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment