Friday 26 June 2015

Q&A With Vicky Wright

For today's post I asked Vicky Wright a few questions. After starting her blog, Goodmorningbelle, in May 2014, she has branched out into talking about many different topics on her blog. These include personal posts, Disney posts, and her most recent series "A Chat With", where she interviews different music artists. Vicky is a genuine, lovely person who has given me such wonderful support, especially when I was freaking out over my chemistry exam. Please check out her blog, if you haven't already - I promise you'll love it. 

Here's the gorgeous girl herself!

Here are my questions for her:

What did you think about blogging when you first heard of it and did you ever think you'd try it yourself?

I thought it was mainly a world for beauty gurus and people who like baking cakes because that's all I'd ever really seen. But soon, I started to see comedy blogs and music blogs and all these other variations that weren't just there to tell me how to contour. Initially though, I definitely didn't see myself doing it because I know absolutely nothing about make-up (although my winged liner slays ^.^)

Now that your A Levels are over (and I hope you're celebrating loads) are you planning on doing anything nice this Summer?

I want to do absolutely nothing. I wanted to just potter round the house in t-shirts that are too big for me and bake cake. I have a few plans with friends and I'm working, but other than that the plan is to not do anything. 

If you could swap places with any blogger for a day, who would you pick?

Does Carrie Hope Fletcher count? Not because of her gorgeous hair, or wonderful blog, but because I want to be able to sing Let It Go without my voice completely giving in. 

What is your favourite Disney film and favourite song from that film? It's a tough choice I know!

Oh my gosh! How can you do this to me?! Normally, I'd say my favourite film is The Fox and The Hound or Peter Pan but, although the songs are still great, there are none that scream out to me. I'm going to pick Tarzan because that entire soundtrack is phenomenal. Two Worlds is my favourite.

What's the biggest decision you've ever made in your life and what do you think would have happened if you never made that choice?

Well, picking my favourite Disney film in the previous question wasn't easy! Two spring to mind but I think one's too personal to discuss because the result directly affected another person. The other one's fine because it only affects me (and a big idiot...) About 2 years ago I chose to leave a sports club that I'd been part of for 7 years when things got a bit nasty between the manageress and an instructor. I was completely against the actions of the instructor who would be training me daily, and didn't seem in any way remorseful. So I chucked in the towel and left. If I had stayed, I don't think I'd be as happy as I am now. The club weighed me down a lot because no matter how great my day was, that evening I'd have to spend 2 hours there- surrounded by miserable people. It's just slightly annoying that I actually got good at it just before leaving ^.^

Many bloggers also try YouTube. Would you ever want to make YouTube videos too?

I like the idea, but there are a few problems. Firstly, I don't have the equipment or money for the equipment so it'd be very poor quality. Also, I don't think it would really add anything to my blog. I want to start making my music posts into podcasts, so when I discuss music, I can play little sections of it, instead of just providing a link, but I need to read up on copyright laws etc. before that happens.

Some people are animal obsessed whilst others wish to avoid them at all costs. Have you ever had any pets?

I used to have a fish called Bubbles and now we have a dog called Barney. Although I, of course, love our dog, when I'm older and have my own house, I don't think I'd get one for myself. 

What made you want to join Beau Bloggers?

When I started writing, I had absolutely no clue what I was doing or how people were going see what I'd written. I could get a few views via social media, but there was no one there to ask for help if I had a question and there was no sense of community. Then, Izzy commented on one of my posts saying, if I wanted to join, there were lots of  other friendly bloggers who I could talk to. This had me hooked and I still love reading all the girls posts today. I do only have one very tiny problem with the community- it's just me being picky but I study French, it'd be wrong not to bring it up! Because "bloggers" is plural, "Beau" should actually be "Beaux" due to adjectival agreements (I'M SORRY!) If the French for "Blogger" was used, it would be "Belles" but I'll let that one slip ^.^

If you had to give up any form of social media forever, which one would you pick?

Definitely Facebook. I only really use it to talk to people who don't have my number. 

What do you hope to get out of your blog in the next year?

I want to do much more music stuff and interview more people. I guess in the very distant future, I'd like it to be successful enough to help me kickstart a career in radio but we'll have to see how that goes. 

I really enjoyed reading these answers, it was like sitting down and having a nice little chat. Thank you so much for reading and I'd like to say a big thank you to Vicky for collabing with me. I can tell that her blog will go very far and I can't wait to watch it grow! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment