Tuesday 21 July 2015

My Holiday Makeup Bag

I can't believe I'm writing this post because it feels like only yesterday I was writing it for last year's holiday. You can check that post out here.


As you are reading this I am in Germany having a wonderful time and I thought I would share the makeup that I brought with me. I decided to bring a minimal amount with me to start with for two reasons: it's Summer so I'll probably just sweat my makeup off anyway (sorry if that's TMI) and I'll probably buy a lot of makeup while I'm away. 

So my makeup items of choice were:
  • Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Peach- to add natural colour to my face
  • Avon Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte- the brown eyeshadow colours are what I use to fill in my eyebrows so I really can't be without it! Also, it has two other eyeshadows in it that I like to use for natural looking eye makeup. 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent- in the Summer especially, its important to keep control of an oily face.
  • Essence Sun Club bronzing powder- this is my favourite bronzer to use in the summer because it's shimmery and even smells of coconut! 
  • Avon Ideal Flawless Cream-to-powder foundation in Natural Beige- I like to use this on days where I don't wear foundation just to cover up any blemishes because it looks really natural. 
  • Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 43- this is my absolute favourite nude lipstick and it will last for hours which means I wont have to keep toping it up when I'm out and about. 
  • Lasting Finish By Kate Matte Lipstick in 110- if I want a slightly more glamourous look while I'm on holiday I'll grab this shade because its a lovely coral-red and goes with almost every outfit. 
  • Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara in Extreme Black- it's no secret that this is my favourite mascara so I simply can't leave it behind. 
  • Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner- even though its on the verge of running out, I'm determined to make the most of it this holiday. 
  • Collection Lasting Finish Concealer- let's be honest, this concealer is an essential in my makeup bag. 
  • Avon BB Cream in Shell- I don't want to cake my face in foundation so this is a fantastic, lighter alternative with SPF 15
  • Superdrug Powder and Bronzer Brush- I'll be honest, these aren't my favourite makeup brushes but I don't want to take my favourite Real Techniques brushes away because I'm paranoid that something will happen to them. It looks like these brushes will have to do the job instead!
Thank you so much for reading this post and I hope you're all having the best Summer ever! Let me know in the comments what some of your holiday essentials are xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment