Sunday 13 September 2015

Love Tanya Review

For those of you that don't know (but I'm sure you all do) Tanya Burr is a fashion and beauty blogger/youtuber. Tanya has had many successes over the last few years including: reaching over 3 million subscribers, launching her own makeup line and of course, realising a book. I've had the privilege of reading the book, and although this is a fairly late review, here are my thoughts on it:



Also, how adorable is the book cover?!

First of all, I'll start off with what the book is about: "Love Tanya" is a non-fiction guide written by Tanya about who she is, and how she got to where she is today. The book truly screams "Tanya" because it covers all aspects of her life. The topics which she talks about and gives advice on are:
  • Growing up
  • Skincare essentials
  • Makeup essentials
  • Hair and nail essentials
  • Fashion
  • Love
  • Life
  • Baking and recipes
  • Confidence and happiness
  • Youtube
  • Looking forwards

I don't want to give too much about the book away because I truly think it's something everyone should read for themselves. However, I will say that it's really enjoyable to read through this book and, in a way, see the world through Tanya's eyes.

One of my personal favourite aspects of this book is that throughout it there are little note pages with titles like "list your favourite fashion items". I think this is such a cute idea because it means that you can really personalise it and use it as a guidance-diary. 

Another thing I particularly like about this book is that it feels kinda like I'm reading a really long blog post. And as you guys know, I love a good ol' blog post. In fact I read literally nothing else but blogs. This book is like sitting down and having a lovely chat with Tanya and I don't know why, but I find it extremely comforting. This is something I also always go back to. Once you've read through the book, you find yourself always going back to certain parts, or you just feel like having a late night read, or you reread the notes you've written in it. Either way, you're never truly "finished" with this book. 

Thank you so much for reading this post. I truly recommend this book to everyone, especially if you love reading blog posts, or watching Tanya's videos. I rate this book a 10/10 and I don't often do that. As you can probably tell, this is one of my all time favourite books, since I prefer this sort of book to fiction. Have you read this book yet, if so what did you think of it? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment