Saturday 5 September 2015

Q&A With Harel Ziv

Today's post is a Q&A with one of my blogger friends, Harel. She is an amazingly talented writer and you can most definitely tell from her posts that it's a passion of hers. A while back, Harel decided to branch out from her blog and took the dive to start a YouTube channel. All her videos are amazing and she beams with confidence and joy in them. If you haven't already, please check out her blog, Wwriting.blogspot.com and youtube channel, Harel Ziv.

Now onto the actual questions:

Have you had any previous blogs before, or did you dive straight into this one?

I did have a couple blogs in the past just because I’d always had a knack for writing, but they didn’t last very long at all. Definitely not as long as the one I have now, but the things I wrote about were quite cringey. The first one was an outlet for me to publish poems I had written and the other I posted on just twice or so about apps that I enjoyed playing. Not my best writing, I have to say, haha.

Some people are animal lovers while others can't stand them. Do you have any pets?

I love animals! When I was younger my family had a dog, Tiffany, but sadly, we had to give her away to another family due to my sister & I not being very responsible and having my parents do all the work (walk, feed, etc). So, currently we don’t have any pets, but now that I’m older and watch my friends with their pets, I’ve come to appreciate animals a lot more & really want a dog or cat.

Many people start blogging because they don't have the confidence to make a YouTube channel. Did you have the idea of starting a YouTube channel before you started blogging?

Because I’ve been watching YouTube for over 2 years now (before I started my blog), starting a YouTube channel was always in the back of my mind. But when I started my blog, it wasn’t because I was scared. I started my blog just because writing was (and still is) something I love to do. I do have a YouTube channel now that I started about 2 months ago and really enjoy both filming & blogging.

Are you more of a Winter person or a Summer person?

I’m definitely more of a Summer person. Summer is a time to soak up the sun & just enjoy yourself without having to worry about assignments and deadlines, so I love it.

Who was the first blogger you ever started reading and do you still read them to this day?

The first blogger I remember reading is the lovely Zoe Sugg, or Zoella. Her blog is how I made some blogger friends! I do still read her blog, she says it’ll be re-launching in August/October September so I am SO excited! I love her writing style and the feel-good vibes her words give off.

The idea of sharing your thoughts online for anyone to read can be scary. Were you more scared or excited at the thought of starting a blog?

When I first started my blog, I was extremely excited. The thought of people reading & relating to what I have to say was so fun to imagine. Although, once I started posting about more serious topics, I was quite scared that people would make fun of or judge me, but nothing of the sort happened. All the people who leave comments are always so supportive & kind, so I thank them for that :)

I know you love to wear dresses. Are they your favourite item of clothing?

Dresses are by far my absolute favorite item of clothing. They’re comfortable, flowy, and elegant all at the same time. I don’t think of them as fancy, rather just casual clothing and I will always be scouring for new finds, haha.

Who in your personal life knows about your blog and YouTube channel and how did they find out?

My parents and some of my closest friends know about my blog & YouTube channel. Funny story, when I first started my blog I kept it a secret from my parents and would take my dad’s phone so he wouldn’t be able to see any of the emails I got saying I’d gotten a new comment. Of course, being smarter than I am, he found out. I’m glad my parents know about my blog though because it makes it easier for me to talk to them about a problem I’m having. Some of my friends found out about my blog/channel because I told them, but some found the cheeky links I put in my Twitter & Instagram bios (lol). 

What is your top-tip for anyone starting the new school year?

My top tip for anyone starting the new school year is just to breathe. Take things slow, and if you have a humongous workload, jut take it step-by-step. Write everything out that you need to do and complete them one at a time. That way, you’ll feel accomplished once you’ve finished each item on your list. Don’t worry, be happy!

What are you hoping to achieve through your blog in the next few years?

In the next few years, I hope to grow my audience & improve my writing style. Every day I learn new things, whether they’re about writing or not, and they help me improve myself as a person and hopefully those changes will show through my writing. I also hope to write a book one day, but mainly I hope my blog will continue to blossom. 

Personally, I loved all of Harel's answers, thank you very much for taking part. I hope you guys loved reading this post as much as I did and don't forget to check out all of Harel's links. Thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment