Saturday 9 July 2016

Barry M Flawless Matte Finish Oil Free Foundation

Recently I've been making a fairly big deal about going cruelty free with all my makeup, which means I actually had to switch up a lot of the brands I use on a daily basis. Because of this I was left without an "everyday" foundation since none of the drugstore foundations I owned were cruelty free. I read up online and found out that a brand I had used before, Barry M, was cruelty free and decided to try out their Flawless Matte Finish Oil Free Foundation in the shade Ivory (which is actually too light for me but I can always pick up another shade later on). It cost £5.99 and here are my thoughts on it:

 
Please ignore the carpet background (my blog is so professional!)
But this is the packaging and I think it's so cute

The formula itself is a pretty light one and I found it very easy to blend out evenly. The coverage is, I would say, between light and medium. It feels very lightweight on your skin and looks very natural and not cakey at all. The coverage is enough to blur out any imperfections, however not enough to fully cover any of those major red spots that might sneakily creep up on your face (let's face it, they appear on all of us at some point).

The scent of this foundation is much stronger than any other foundation I have used. At first I thought that it might irritate my sensitive skin because it is clearly heavily fragranced, however it didn't appear to do that. The smell really reminded me of something and it was really bugging me because I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I then asked my sister if she knew what it smelt like and she was like "it smells of Always pads" which really did make me laugh because now I always feel like I'm rubbing a sanitary towel on my face lmao! It could still smell worse I guess...

The finishing touch was something I was really impressed with. It dried fairly quick and I have never seen another foundation dry as matte as this one. And it wasn't drying at all which really impressed me. The lasting power was fairly impressive too; without a primer it started to get a bit thinner around my nose and T-zone throughout the day, but with a primer it lasted all day.

So those were my thoughts on my first cruelty free drugstore foundation. Overall I would rate this foundation a 7/10. I personally look for slightly more coverage in a foundation, but for the price you definitely can't go wrong with it and I'll be repurchasing this product (maybe in a slightly darker shade) in no time! If you're looking for a cheaper drugstore foundation I definitely recommend adding this one to your makeup collection. Have you ever tried this foundation before, if so what did you think of it?

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment